Windows Server 2022 is Microsoft’s latest operating system for servers. It offers a number of new features and enhancements, making it a good choice for enterprise IT environments. Windows Server 2022 offers capabilities that help organizations meet the challenges of modern IT as they continue their digital transformation journeys.
Windows Server 2022 brings new security features to help enterprises defend against threats. Some of the key improvements include:
- Secure Core Server: It hardens your server by limiting the attack surface. Windows critical services are run in an isolated mode to provide additional protection.
- Windows Defender System Guard: Uses hardware and firmware protection in order to protect against firmware attacks. Unauthorized changes are prevented to critical system components.
- Secured Core PCs: Devices that have Secured Core PC capabilities are tightly integrated with Windows Server 2022, allowing for a secure infrastructure from end to end.
- TLS 1.3 Support: The latest Transport Layer Security protocol is supported, which improves encryption and authentication.
Hybrids with Improved Capabilities
Today, hybrid cloud is the norm in most businesses. Windows Server 2022 offers seamless integration with Azure Services to provide a consistent hybrid experience.
- Azure Arc enabled servers: Windows Server 2022 on-premises machines can be managed via Azure Arc and provide cloud benefits such as configuration management and monitoring.
- Support for more Azure services: Windows Server 2022 is natively compatible with Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel.
- Support for native containers is improved through integrations with Kubernetes, Azure Container Instances, and Azure Container Services.
Efficiency and cost savings
Windows Server 2022 offers improved capabilities for storage replication and compute fluidity, which helps to drive efficiency and lower costs.
- Storage migration service: This allows for the live migration of servers, storage and other components between environments.
- Storage replica: Support for group-based replication, parallel replication and Azure is now available.
- Compute fluidity: Resources can be rescaled and reallocated according to demand by disaggregating compute from storage.
- Container images are smaller: The new serialization of container images reduces the image size to allow for faster downloads, and less storage.
- Updates are less disruptive with the in-place upgrade/rollback feature.
Windows Server 2022 offers modern management tools that simplify administration and reduce overhead.
- Windows Admin Center : This locally installed, browser-based application provides a unified experience for management across on-premises environments and cloud environments.
- DSC (Desired State Configuration): DSC is a tool that makes it easy to deploy, configure and manage servers consistently at scale.
- PowerShell has improved capabilities. New features such as file checksums and CSV cmdlets help administrators.
- Debugging Enhanced: STEP debugging support and other enhancements make it easier to troubleshoot issues.
Windows Server 2022 is a powerful platform for enterprise IT, offering enhanced security, hybrid capabilities and efficiency gains. Windows Server 2022 is a platform that will be able to meet key business requirements well into the future as organizations upgrade their infrastructure. Cloud-ready features are ideal for hybrid environments, and digital transformation strategies. Windows Server 2022 is a great option for organizations that are looking to upgrade their server infrastructure.