Red Sandalwood Mala
You must have heard about white sandalwood. It is by far, the most common sandalwood variety that people have heard about. However, the red sandalwood mala is also gaining in terms of popularity. Many rosaries today consist of both the red sandalwood and white sandalwood beads. You will find many priests using the red sandalwood for empowerment rituals. They often use red sandalwood paste, in puja rites. Red sandalwood mala has a lot of significance in spiritual endeavours, and that is why it is gaining in popularity today.
Another name for Red Sandalwood, is ‘Rakta Chandan’. It has been widely used in Indian traditional medicine as well, since olden times. Moreover, it is an important aid in Ayurveda. The red sandalwood mala mainly symbolizes Lord Brahma and Goddess Lakshmi. You can use the mala for japa as well. When priests recite Durga mantras, then it is absolutely necessary to wear the mala, too. You can also wear the mala to satiate the planet, Mars. It is also important to note, that it is an aromatic wood.
Know More About The Red Sandalwood Mala
You will get the mala which is strung with 108 beads of red sandalwood. Additionally, there will be one ‘Guru’ bead. The number 108, assumes a lot of significance in spirituality. This is an aromatic mala, which aids you in all your pursuits. However, you have to always ensure that you are using a good quality mala, and not just anything. The mala provides the wearer with vibrant energy and also empowers one, according to the Vedic texts. All those who wear the mala, enjoy abundance in life as well. You will be amazed to know, that red sandalwood is endemic to India, and you can find it only in the Seshachalam hills of the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is listed as an endangered species. You can order authentic red sandalwood mala from India, online.
Devotees who visit Sabarimala Temple, wear the mala to show their reverence to the reigning deities. The devotees visiting the popular Bhavani Deeksha festival at the Sri Kanaka Durga Temple in Andhra Pradesh, in India also wear the mala. The mala has qualities, that you should know about, in complete details, to extract the maximum benefits.
Benefits Of Wearing The Red Sandalwood Mala
- You can wear the mala, which has cooling properties. It can calm the mind and also release all the symptoms of mental disorders. You will also find solutions from fatigue.
- Sandalwood also tends to stimulate the Muladhara chakra. It increases trust as well.
- The mala has immense power to remove negativity from your surroundings. Moreover, it will fill your space with positivity.
- If you use the mala, when you are praying to Goddesses, the prayers effects increase manifold.
- If you have an unstable job or income, then also you can use the red sandalwood mala for stability. You will soon get a better job and income.
- You can also get respite from financial constraints, if you wear the mala regularly.
- You will also get the blessings of Lord Hanuman, if you wear the mala.
- All those, who want courage in their pursuits, must also wear the mala.
- On wearing the mala, you will become more determined towards your life’s goal.
- You will also earn a lot of respect in your social circles, if you wear the mala.
- When you wear the mala, you will also please the God of Wealth, Lord Kuber.
How To Wear It?
You should remember a few rules, no matter which sandalwood mala, you are wearing. If you are married, then you should not wear the mala to bed. Wear it again the next morning, after you have a bath. You should always wear the mala at an auspicious time and regularly as well. However, do not wear it when you are under the influence of alcohol or have consumed meats.
You can use the mala around the neck, or on your wrist. You can also use it for puja and personal chanting. However, you must also ensure to keep the mala in a scared place, like the Puja room. Additionally, you can wrap it and keep it in your wallet as well. You can also keep it under the pillow. The first time, you are wearing it, you must wash it with cow milk and Ganga Jal. Chant the Durga Mantra 11 times, and then wear the mala. Tuesday is an auspicious day, to wear the mala.
You must always start japa, from the bead located just after the Guru bead. Do not cross the Guru bead ever.
Always buy the red sandalwood mala from trusted sources like Holistic kart. They sell only authentic malas, that are sourced from the jungles of Andhra Pradesh. It is important to address your spiritual goals, with the right tools always.