An auto locksmith is a locksmith that specialises in solving car locks and keys. This profession is rapidly gaining popularity as the number of cars on the roads of our country increases. And this is not surprising, because according to statistics, more than a thousand motorists lose or break car keys every day. Another common problem is the key getting stuck in the ignition. And sometimes the car owner just needs to buy a spare key.
Who is an Auto locksmith?
Let’s take a closer look at the intricacies of the Auto locksmith profession in order to know exactly in what specific situations this specialist can come to your aid. And so, a car locksmith will become your indispensable assistant in the following situations:
- You have lost your car keys or the keys have been stolen. In such a situation, there is a risk of losing access to the car (especially if you do not have a spare key). Auto locksmith can make and program a new key for your car. This can be done in a workshop (the key will be delivered to you by mail), but more often it is practiced to have a specialist visit and make and program the key in the presence of the car owner. The modern equipment used by car locksmiths makes it possible to make a new car key right in the locksmith’s van.
- The key is stuck in the car door or ignition. There is a technical malfunction in which you cannot turn the key in the lock or remove it. In such a situation, the auto locksmith must perform a number of tasks: determine the complexity of the problem and carefully remove the key (or the remains of the key, if, for example, only one broken part of the car key is blocked in the lock). Next, the specialist determines whether it is possible to repair the car key or whether a complete replacement is required. In the second case, the auto locksmith produces a new key on the spot.
- You already have a key but need programming. If you have already bought a key for your car, but you need to program the chip, car locksmith will help you with this. However, it is important that the key is purchased from an authorised dealer. Very few specialists will work with keys purchased on marketplaces.
- You need a spare car key. Here the manufacturing process is not much different from the processes described in the previous paragraphs of this article. A specialist can make a spare key for your car near you or remotely and send it by mail.
- You have locked the car, and the only key is left inside. In such a situation, the task of a specialist is to accurately unlock your vehicle without damage.
Regardless of the situation, experts strongly recommend that every car owner has a spare car key. If you have a spare car key, you are protected in the event of a key being lost or suddenly broken. The situation will not take you by surprise at the most inopportune moment, and the situation when you urgently need to get a new key or access to the car does not become an emergency.
Separately, it should be said that having a spare key is also important in order to avoid a situation where there are small children or animals inside a locked car that you do not have access to. Having a spare key in such a situation is essential.
Where to order Car Locksmith services?
If you are interested in ordering vehicle locksmith services in the UK, we recommend that you contact We’ve Got The Key. This company has been a leader in providing car locksmith services for many years.
The company employs more than a hundred highly qualified specialists who are always ready to help you in solving problems with car keys, wherever you are: near your home or on the side of the road in the countryside.
The company’s specialists will quickly and efficiently carry out any work, such as car key replacement and programming, and car key cutting. A WGTK representative will be happy to help you in any, even the most difficult situation.
Each specialist at We’ve Got The Key goes through a comprehensive auto locksmith training course before starting work, which includes both theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as familiarisation with the latest tools for making car keys and unlocking a car.
In order to order auto locksmith services, you can call one of the local numbers presented on the company’s website or fill out a simple callback form. We’ve Got The Key operator will contact you within one minute from the moment of your request and advise on further steps. The company’s call center works for you 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.